Thursday, November 22, 2007

Better. And For That I Am THANKFUL

Thanks to a lot of prayer and some hefty steroids, Peanut is pretty much back to normal. And, considering the holidays are not the brightest of times for me, I am eternally thankful for this gift.

Thanksgiving Day 2000, was the day the doctor called to say my dad had incurable lung cancer.

Thanksgiving weekend 2005, was filled with work on sub plans since I was certain Dr. Jerk was finally going to listen and put me on bed rest. Two days later, I was in the hospital in a magnesium stupor, unsuccessfully trying to stop labor.

But today, Thanksgiving 2007, I am extremely thankful for this pregnancy and sweet baby girl growing as I type. It's just hard to shake the feelings of the holidays, and Thanksgiving marks the beginning.

2 comments:

Monica H said...

I am so glad to hear that Peanut is doing better. I know this is a difficult time for a lot of us, but I wish you a relaxing day and a heart full of peace.

Happy Thanksgiving !

Kim said...

I am so thankful for that as well! And I am praying for your sweet girl as well! :) Does she have any name contenders yet?