Monday, March 24, 2008

Jimmy Crack Corn

And, you guessed it.

I don't really freaking care.

Kuddos to the ones that can feel great, look great, exercise, speak kind words, give a crap about what they wear, breathe, eat without wanting to spew, walk around without fire inside of them, clean their houses, and smile during the last weeks of pregnancy. Clearly, I am not one of them.

I can't even say the Pledge of Allegiance in the morning without becoming winded with each sentence. And now that we say the Pledge to the Texas flag, I'm really screwed. Read a book to the kids? Ha! That's a good one...pointing out the craft of writing within high quality literature is far from my daily agenda.

Walking down the hallway is about to require a Hoveround. The question is, how far do I take this? How far do I push my 4'11" frame to keep working when I am crawling to the bathroom in the middle of the night?

I want to work as long as possible to have more time with her once she's here. So, I've got to stop whining.
Be grateful - although, trust me, I am with every breath of fire.
Three weeks left of work.
Suck it up.

8 comments:

BellaMama said...

I'm 5'5" and my babies don't drop, so I'm guessing that yours won't really enough to ease that heartburn/acid (if that's what you mean by fire). I found that having a teaspoon each of honey & apple-cider vinegar in 6-8 ounces of water takes that away. I only had balsamic vinegar and forgot the honey and took it straight. It burned in my throat, but then made my tummy feel better.
I'm really proud of you! I wasn't working with any of mine & I'm just in awe that you've put up with it all so well!!
Blessings to you!! Mrs. C.

Anonymous said...

yikes. :( I'm sorry... I remember that. And, I know how you feel. I felt guilty complaining during my pregnancy. She will be here soon though!

Boyz3Mommy said...

Ewwww girlie...heartburn like that will mean you will have lots of hair to braid once she's born. I had it something TERRIBLE and all of them looked a wee bit like Elvis. Ha! You can do it. You can do it. You can do it. But it still SUCKS, don't it? :)

~ tina

Anonymous said...

Clearly, I never was one of those ladies, either. I remember feeling heartburn so badly one night that I thought I was having a heart attack and went to the ER. So, at least you aren't a "fool with heartburn" like I was. :)

cb said...

I think you look great...and have only ever known you to be sweet and kind...but, I sure do wish you felt better! My prayers are always with you (and your sweet baby)!
XOXO

Kristi said...

So close! Sorry about the heartburn, baby girl is so worth it.

Anonymous said...

You were in debt up to your eyeballs before you were given this precious gift. If you can't work, DON'T. It will all work out. You will have the rest of your life to pay off debt.

Jack said...

I suppose the song is a black slave's lament over his master's death. The song, however, has a subtext of rejoicing over that death, and possibly having caused it by deliberate negligence
essaywritingservic