Thursday, April 26, 2007

There Are Some Things Money Can't Buy

Progesterone levels below 3 to start Provera: $20 lab fee
Taking Provera for 10 days: $5
Starting a new cycle: $180
Clomid: $90
HSG test (hope for no scar tissue): $200
Checking for mature follicles: $300
Shot for ovulation: $90
Night of Love: FREE
More lab tests: $80
Positive Pregnancy Test: Happiness
More Lab tests: $80
Making it to 12 weeks: Sheer joy
Having a cerclage without complications: Sigh of relief
Defying an incompetent cervix and pre-term labor: Amen!
Having a healthy baby: Priceless

My Babe's genetic tests are normal. After consulting with Dr. V. today, we have decided to continue trying as we have in the past - no IVF for now. I will have my bloodwork done tomorrow to make sure my progesterone is below a level 3. If so, I will start Provera and we will be on the timeline again. I'm terrified.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting us take this journey with you. Oh, I'm hopeful and prayerful for a healthy baby for you and your babe! May God give you strength and bravery throughout this process.

YOU are priceless!




~KLY